Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED OF A FORUM ?

+5
LFC-LCFC
Tobycarvery
alasher
Shrimpsmakemeill
sparrows left peg
9 posters
Go down
sparrows left peg

NEED OF A FORUM ? Empty NEED OF A FORUM ?

13/8/2017, 06:14
New season, , new league, new signings and followed up with a great first victory and three points yet nobody wants to discuss it or give their opinions. About 60/70 went yesterday and many more who wanted to go but couldn't for various reasons and still no one wants to give praise to the lads or give their views. Its been like this on here for a while now. We used to have some really good banter/laughs on here but
numbers have dwindled from about 20 odd regulars to a handful now. The club seems to me to be on the up and I've never seen it so well run and organised and I've been going 40 odd years. So C'mon people, get involved again and give your opinions. It makes Sunday mornings more interesting anyway.
Shrimpsmakemeill

NEED OF A FORUM ? Empty Re: NEED OF A FORUM ?

13/8/2017, 09:03
Yes, the forum only seems to spring into life when people are bickering about offensive songs, flares, or other disturbances. Most of the match chat seems to take place via Facebook or Twitter.

It was a great result at Buxton though and full credit to the players and management for an excellent start to the new campaign.
alasher
alasher

13/8/2017, 10:15
I fully concur! Twitter is good for live updates etc, but discussion, comments & banter are much better on here. Using twitter your audience is limited to those that you follow & who follow you, & my personal distaste for facebook would probably fill half a page & offend several people, so I won't go into it Very Happy
Keep the forum alive & kicking please!

Great result yesterday, which I wasn't expecting when we went one down so early.
Well done lads....& to all the supporters who went......let's hear what you thought about it please!

As Mr Shrimpsmakemeill said, there only seems to be any life on here when things are going wrong, lets breathe a little life back into the faithful old dog that it the forum!
Tobycarvery

13/8/2017, 11:43
Ok here goes. Thought we were in for a hiding after their goal went in but fair play to the lads,they battled their way back into the game and were arguably the better side in the second half. Admittedly our two goals were a tad on the fortunate side but we defended superbly after going ahead and deserved to win in the end. P.S. How did we not get a penalty at the end when Killer was cynically tripped?
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

13/8/2017, 13:49
Great day out in Buxton yesterday. One of their fans who referred to us a small club in their bar beforehand will hopefully be feeling a bit sheepish now! It was a decent ground and crowd and a good pitch. Definitely feels more like towards the standard of Giant Axe compared to D1N.

The match itself was hard fought, but there weren't too many chances at either end. We played one up front and looked toothless for the entire first half. After they scored early it looked indeed like we would struggled but we defended well and slowly grew into the game.

Sam's shot from distance may have swerved but how it went in I don't know. Still, was nothing less than we deserved really.

Second half, apart from the last 10 minutes, was all City. Dominated possession and territory but still never really looked like scoring in all honesty. A fantastic dribble from Winder created the chance for Wood to score (just).

Defended extremely well when they were throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at us. Should have had a penalty when Kilifin was hacked down with the keeper to beat. 3-1 wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline.

Considering Buxton finished 7th last season, I think we can be fairly satisfied. Not even close to replacing Connie's influence at the moment though.
mez

13/8/2017, 14:23
Think the match reviews are fair. First 15 mins I thought they would murder us . We were the better team second half . Thought there was 30 ish city there personally . I completely agree about Connerton but let's see how we fare in the next 10 games or so . Overall a great day out!
EgonPorter
EgonPorter

13/8/2017, 15:10
I couldn't make it yesterday, was it the 3-4-3-ish formation we had tried out a couple of times in pre-season?
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

13/8/2017, 15:24
EgonPorter wrote:I couldn't make it yesterday, was it the 3-4-3-ish formation we had tried out a couple of times in pre-season?

Looked more like a 5-4-1 at times, 4-5-1 at others. Certainly wasn't 3 up front!
gaz1889

14/8/2017, 19:33
mez wrote:Think the match reviews are fair. First 15 mins I thought they would murder us . We were the better team second half . Thought there was 30 ish city there personally . I completely agree about Connerton but let's see how we fare in the next 10 games or so . Overall a great day out!

??? I could name at least 25 who travelled on the train. Add to that the ones who went on the coach or independently.
South of the river

22/8/2017, 20:38
Even the women have given up posting.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum