Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Winder  Empty Winder

5/7/2016, 08:51
....by all accounts Ryan is impressing for Darlo in pre season
Shrimpsmakemeill

Winder  Empty Re: Winder

5/7/2016, 10:01
The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

So that's Kilifin gone and maybe Winder.

How the **** are we expected to build a team to challenge for promotion (10th attempt coming up) when we just can't hang on to anyone decent? Evil or Very Mad
DollyTillIDie

5/7/2016, 10:33
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

How the **** are we expected to build a team to challenge for promotion (10th attempt coming up) when we just can't hang on to anyone decent? Evil or Very Mad

Killer wasn't getting a game and anyone expecting us to keep Winder and probably Carney is living in a dreamworld.
Shrimpsmakemeill

5/7/2016, 20:08
We've had Winder since 2012 and Carney even longer (2011) so to me it seemed reasonable that we could anticipate keeping them. After Carney's serious injury didn't he just play for Kendal, i.e. the same level as us?
DollyTillIDie

5/7/2016, 21:58
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:We've had Winder since 2012 and Carney even longer (2011) so to me it seemed reasonable that we could anticipate keeping them. After Carney's serious injury didn't he just play for Kendal, i.e. the same level as us?

All valid points, but they excelled themselves all season to an extent they hadn't before. They're too good for this level now. How I'd love to be wrong.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

6/7/2016, 21:07
Yeah, I think we shouldn't kid ourselves here.

Ryan has been a fantastic servant to Lancaster City FC in his years at the club and he now has a fantastic opportunity to further his career at a well supported club in the Conference North.

That's a two league jump which will go with good wages to boot. There's no way we should stand in any players' way who is offered that sort of opportunity. We should be PROUD if anything that another Lancaster player has made a jump into higher leagues...

...one who didn't come through Myerscough either!

Congrats Ryan and all the best. cheers
Shrimpsmakemeill

7/7/2016, 09:12
There's a video on You Tube of Darlo's friendly at HRA where you can see quite a bit of RW.

Has he definitely gone then or is he on some sort of trial? And more importantly for LCFC do we get any pennies for him, or was he non-contract?

Good luck to him for the future, mind you, isn't he a Lancaster lad? I wouldn't fancy that drive, especially returning from a winter midweek match!
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

7/7/2016, 21:12
He had indeed gone. He's too good to play at our level, sadly. Darlington weren't the only team after him.

He was on a contract until the end of last season I believe. No pennies for us.
alasher
alasher

10/7/2016, 10:29
DollyTillIDie wrote:
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

Killer wasn't getting a game and anyone expecting us to keep Winder and probably Carney is living in a dreamworld.

https://twitter.com/AdamLordLM/status/751885795477315584

Carney playing for Stockport......would seem that DTID has his finger on the pulse
DollyTillIDie

10/7/2016, 13:50
alasher wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:

https://twitter.com/AdamLordLM/status/751885795477315584

Carney playing for Stockport......would seem that DTID has his finger on the pulse

Didn't take too deep an analysis to predict.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum