Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SC GenSec

Lancaster Flooding Empty Lancaster Flooding

7/12/2015, 11:58
The news and the pictures from Lancaster today make for pretty grim news, and it looks like much of the low lying area around the quayside, Cable Street, Green Ayre etc have suffered some pretty awful flooding. Anyone know whether Giant Axe is affected, and if so, how badly ?
distantmusic

Lancaster Flooding Empty Re: Lancaster Flooding

7/12/2015, 15:56
Was down this morning to check things out generally, couldn't believe how good the pitch looked given the amount of water it took over the weekend, no standing water even in the car park and subject to only average rain/showers before tomorrow night I think it's safe to say the pitch won't be a problem but that doesn't mean the match will be played because whether or not sufficient power will be available for the floodlights is another matter. The city seems to be operating on emergency generators parked at strategic points around the area and Stuart was trying to find out this morning what that would mean regarding the floodlights, I should imagine there has to be some considerable doubt about the match going ahead at this point in time but I'm sure if it's at all possible it will do so.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

7/12/2015, 17:16
I would be very surprised if the game goes ahead whilst on the generators. I think it would be too much power for Electricity North West to give us the go ahead.

Plus, the power has just gone out again for most of the city. We're OK up here on the Ridge for now Very Happy
Prestondolly

7/12/2015, 20:21
Whilst I did'nt agree with everybody's opinion on here, I hope your all ok up there & will soon be back to normal after a terrible weekend.
gaz1889

7/12/2015, 22:49
As long as there's power to keep the beer cool let's get it on.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

7/12/2015, 23:21
The game can only go ahead if the club has full mains power by noon tomorrow.

Doesn't look good...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum