Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
janinfrance

Playing Style Empty Playing Style

22/9/2015, 18:20
Do we want promotion or to be known as the best footballing side never to achieve it? It may not be exciting stuff from what I have read but every time we find good strikers they get poached, so let's give Darren's ideas a chance.

Question Question Question

LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Playing Style Empty Re: Playing Style

23/9/2015, 15:36
So the choice you're saying is to stick with it and be bored and not promoted, or to play entertaining football and not get promoted?

Second option every time for me. I don't even hate this league that much.
sparrows left peg

23/9/2015, 16:00
Exactly, my point on another thread. You cannot get people to come and watch Lancaster City playing like this. I saw young kids on Saturday turning round and looking at the Castle. It's just not watchable. If u think we are going to get promoted playing like this then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Spennymoor came out second half, attacked us to death and destroyed us. We seem to just play across the back four, play it up to midfield and back again. If that doesn't work, give it Hale to hoof it up to Pooley, who is five foot nothing being marked by a six foot somrthing defender. Its not rocket science. Play football.
janinfrance

24/9/2015, 06:24
For obvious reasons I haven't had the dubious benefit of seeing City so far this season and Tuesday seems to have put the kybosh on my theory. However the idea that people will come in droves to watch an exciting City is rubbish, the people of Lancaster, barring you faithful few, are just not interested in their team.

My point was that some of the most successful teams in history have been labelled boring but their supporters wouldn't have agreed with that view every time they won. However since we are not winning anything you are probably right, let's have watchable football for the few who pay for it, and stay where we are for the forseeable.
Quality Since 1911

24/9/2015, 08:20
I've an idea !Idea
Let's go Wimbledon Style (Vinnie Jones / Crazy Gang era) they were defo not a good footballing side but they got stuck in to everything and punched well above their weight.
But at the same time keep an eye on those pennies (don't want to go bang as they did lol).
So DP and TS tell them to attack teams to death and destroyed them instead of keep ball boring possession football with no plan 'B' !!! attack attack attack pirat
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum