Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How bitter...

+4
Tobycarvery
gaz1889
Brocker
LFC-LCFC
8 posters
Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

How bitter... Empty How bitter...

18/4/2015, 20:01
As for Lancaster, I have nothing good. Time wasting from 10 minutes, is nothing but poor. Nothing to lose but the thrill and denying us a chance at the top. Fair enough, but let it be said I wouldn't feel sorry if next season they just somehow got that relegation....in short.....what a bunch of c****. Be good to see another team do the same childish tactics to them

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=360639#p360639

Imagine the comments if we'd actually won Shocked All the tweets flying around at our players and official twitter are nothing short of embarrassing from a club that's guaranteed at least a 2nd place finish.

It's all our fault they're not going to win the league because in 1 game of 42 a team with a playing budget a fraction of theirs decided not to play a game all out attack Rolling Eyes

Silly.
Brocker

How bitter... Empty Re: How bitter...

18/4/2015, 20:18
I can understand Darlo fans being frustrated, but foul-mouthed abuse gets them nowhere. With our two principal strikers missing, were we supposed to commit suicide by going for all out attack? Talk of time-wasting is simply childish. We played a strong defensive game, relying on our strengths, as they relied on theirs. It was their job to break our defence down, and they were unable to do it. It was not our job to roll over and die just to get them promoted, and, let's face it, if their keeper hadn't "taken one for the team" they would have been talking about a 1-0 defeat. To be fair, the Darlo fans to whom I spoke were a decent lot, apart from a foul-mouthed bloke shouting abuse at our players at the end. A pity that the loud mouths are able to tarnish the reputation of their good supporters.
Having said all that, I still hope Darlo get promoted.
gaz1889

18/4/2015, 20:40
Sour grapes.....if they'd done their homework they'd know we've only conceded 10 league goals in 2015....we ain't lying down....perhaps we'll go up to theirs in 12 months time & be similarly frustrated?
Tobycarvery

19/4/2015, 10:20
gaz1889 wrote:Sour grapes.....if they'd done their homework they'd know we've only conceded 10 league goals in 2015....we ain't lying down....perhaps we'll go up to theirs in 12 months time & be similarly frustrated?

I think we've actually conceded 11 this year but that in itself is evidence of the massive turnaround in our form. Yesterday was another excellent defensive display and we could have nicked a win in the end. Their forum has a lot of negative comments about our performance but I thought we were forced to defend for most of the game as Darlo pressed hard from the start. We have become very difficult to beat and this bodes well for next season but we have also failed to score in at least a dozen games this season and even since the turn of the year we have only managed 26 goals in 20 games and that includes 4 against New Mills, Mossley and Droylsden. If we can improve our strike force for next season we could be challengers.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

19/4/2015, 18:31
Yes a big disappointment for them prompting that reaction I think but I don't quite know what game those Darlo fans expected to see. Darlington are a better team than us, a bigger club with a bigger budget, so there was always going to be lots of back to the wall defending. We don't have much attacking flair and Darren concentrates on getting the clean sheet first and then seeing if we can get something at the other end. A perfectly legitimate approach, Greece won a European Championship that way.
alasher
alasher

19/4/2015, 19:52
We defended well yesterday, everyone doing their part in an excellent team effort. Tbh I also was a little disappointed by our time-wasting (which wasnt as bad as their supporters would have you believe) I dont like it as a tactic,but at times it is almost necessary in a game like this. We were second best both physically & in terms of skill (as well as monetarily & in support) ,but we overcame that through effort & commitment. Whats wrong with that? Imagine that Darlo had gone in front in that game & also that we were in desperate need of a point. Do you think they would've been keen to get the game restarted? Would it have been such a bad tactic then? Does the fact that they have been relegated from the football league to this level due to financial problems while we have "only" been relegated for the conference north somehow mean that they are more "deserving" than us? That we should somehow make it easier for them?
Darlo had chances to win the game but werent good enough to convert them. Is that our fault? I talked to a number of people before ko & we thought that if they werent in front by the hour mark that the game would open up & that we may get a chance to sneak it. That is what happened, but we werent good enough to take the chances that came. Was that their fault?
The Darlo fans that I spoke to were a good bunch & I wish them all the best for the future,but some need to realise that they have to beat whatever is in front of them. The officials at this level are equally bad for everyone. I have seen a few bad refs, but I dont think I've ever seen one cheat. Get on with it
Brocker

19/4/2015, 20:00
tbh I don't think the refs are anything like as bad as they are often alleged to be. If any ref made as many mistakes in the game as the players do, the game would be unplayable: generally, they don't. I thought yesterday's bloke in particular handled the handbags well, and was wise to disappear into the dressing room before the second outbreak of handbags in the tunnel.
chelseabilly

19/4/2015, 20:47
Very disappointed with a couple of Darlington quotes,I thought the game was very even and though Darlington probably feel they should have won,they must now be concerned they will not get promoted,Any one who so spenny at our place will think that they will easily turn over Darlington in the play off,All the Darlington fans who came through my turnstile were really pleasant fans,very loyal but also quite worried about playing us because of our results since Xmas.I personally hope they get promoted for the massive fan base that they have and the loyalty they have shown through very hard times.As all Lancaster fans are aware you don't always get promoted for being bar far the second best team in the league, we achieved 96points( I think)without being promoted,So best of luck Darlington
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

20/4/2015, 20:54
Even their Northern Echo journalist has been on the lemons!

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/darlington/12899810.Darlington_lose_their_grip_on_the_title/

Two games to go, and you fucked it up! Laughing
Conmac End

21/4/2015, 11:20
LFC-LCFC wrote:Even their Northern Echo journalist has been on the lemons!

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/darlington/12899810.Darlington_lose_their_grip_on_the_title/

Two games to go, and you fucked it up! Laughing

Was this reporter at the game?!

The Ref had a cracking game, as it could of finished 9 a side.

Unfortunately it's only on " the Easter field " a team can win on corners! lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum