Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children on the pitch

+2
CarefulWithThatAxe
South of the river
6 posters
Go down
South of the river

Children on the pitch Empty Children on the pitch

29/12/2013, 19:02
I was rather irritated by the five 10-11 year-olds who at half-time decided to venture on to the playing surface.  They had been wandering around the terraces during the first half and then decided that a move on to the pitch during the interval was the next step.  They managed to get hold of a ball and were passing it around in the corner.  As the players emerged for the second half, they ambled towards the 'tunnel' and casually and slowly left the pitch.  It could be said that they weren't doing any harm and that they are the fans of the future.  However it does not promote a professional image for LCFC and I would like to see a club official prevent a similar situation re-occurring.
 Mad Mad Mad 
CarefulWithThatAxe

Children on the pitch Empty Re: Children on the pitch

29/12/2013, 21:40
I think it goes to show what a friendly club we are that we don't take a jobsworth attitude to kids having fun. So I'm afraid I disagree with you 100%.
DollyTillIDie

29/12/2013, 21:48
CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:I think it goes to show what a friendly club we are that we don't take a jobsworth attitude to kids having fun.  So I'm afraid I disagree with you 100%.

Reeled you in there like  Laughing 
Conmac End

29/12/2013, 22:46
South of the river wrote:I was rather irritated by the five 10-11 year-olds who at half-time decided to venture on to the playing surface.  They had been wandering around the terraces during the first half and then decided that a move on to the pitch during the interval was the next step.  They managed to get hold of a ball and were passing it around in the corner.  As the players emerged for the second half, they ambled towards the 'tunnel' and casually and slowly left the pitch.  It could be said that they weren't doing any harm and that they are the fans of the future.  However it does not promote a professional image for LCFC and I would like to see a club official prevent a similar situation re-occurring.
 Mad Mad Mad 

I blame the teachers!! lol
South of the river

30/12/2013, 14:17
CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:I think it goes to show what a friendly club we are that we don't take a jobsworth attitude to kids having fun.  So I'm afraid I disagree with you 100%.

Does this happen elsewhere ? Are all other clubs, who don't allow this to happen, unfriendly ? Is everyone allowed on the pitch ? Why don't you go on ? Why don't you take them into the dressing room at half-time ?
sparrows left peg

30/12/2013, 16:58
Can't move for players !
South of the river

31/12/2013, 14:28

LCFC is a more friendly club than all others in this division. Is this the case, and if so, why ?
CarefulWithThatAxe

31/12/2013, 14:48
I don't know enough about the other clubs in the division to assess how friendly they are - maybe other more knowledgeable people can do this. But I think that this issue, though seemingly trivial, does actually go to the heart of the sort of club we are. Should we be prepared to turn the occasional blind eye to a bunch of young kids having harmless fun with a kick around on the pitch at half time? Or should we come down on them officiously like a ton of bricks at the slightest transgression? Maybe I am in a minority of one here, but I would be interested to know what others think.
wilson07

31/12/2013, 22:57
how come when I light a flare the worlds gonna end yet fork are allowed on the pitch?? if I went on I recon people would have sommet to say....agree wi percy 10000000000 per cent....
CarefulWithThatAxe

1/1/2014, 09:18
No comparison. Flares are potentially very dangerous.  And I guess you are probably a little older than 11.

Forks are probably not a good idea either. Very Happy 

Happy new year!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum