Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Warrington Empty Warrington

19/1/2019, 17:39
Wasn't there, anu thoughts from those who were?
I doubt that I'd be alone in thinking at 15.00 that I'd snatch someone's hand off for a point, but to concede an equaliser in the 97th minute against ten men meaning that we drop back into the bottom three has put a bit of a crimp on my Saturday evening. I do think that although it will be tough that we have enough about us to get out of this. Numerous sides seem to be getting drawn into the relegation battle, there will be a lot of "six-pointers" as the season goes on.It's that tight that two wins puts anyone in a much stronger position.
Congratulations to Brad Carsley on scoring two in two,long may it continue
BigDD

Warrington Empty Re: Warrington

19/1/2019, 19:08
If they play like that for half the games remaining we’ll be top of the bottom half - credit to the lads dominated the majority, made Warrington look very ordinary - Blinkhorn and Carsley work well together, can not understand why Brig let Carsley get away, he’s an Ox!
South of the river

19/1/2019, 19:56
alasher wrote:Wasn't there, anu thoughts from those who were?
I doubt that I'd be alone in thinking at 15.00 that I'd snatch someone's hand off for a point, but to concede an equaliser in the  97th minute  against ten men meaning that we drop back into the bottom three has put a bit of a crimp on my Saturday evening. I do think that although it will be tough that we have enough about us to get out of this. Numerous sides seem to be getting drawn into the relegation battle, there will be a lot of "six-pointers" as the season goes on.It's that tight that two wins puts anyone in a much stronger position.
Congratulations to Brad Carsley on scoring two in  two,long may it continue

Just think what he''ll be like when he starts to add quality goals to the dodgy ones. Typical footballer quote on twitter from him: "the boys was class."
Tobycarvery

19/1/2019, 20:24
An excellent performance from everyone today. We really deserved three points and conceding from a free kick in the very last minute was a real kick in the teeth. A casual observer would have thought we were the team chasing promotion. Unfortunately, it feels like a defeat after coming so close. Now we are in the relegation places instead of being around 15th. More performances like that, though, and we'll be climbing the table.
South of the river

20/1/2019, 01:41
It can be classified as being fair that City scored a last minute equaliser last week and conceding one this week.  However, there is no equality in that if neither had been scored,  City would have one more point.  That twee phrase that about things equalling themselves up over the season is absurd.  There is no equality about late goals.
alasher
alasher

20/1/2019, 22:50
Spent a while trawling through various reports & comments online, and even their manager & local paperageed that we were the better side. MF said that we created moe cahnces in this game than in any other since he took over.Looking positive, hope it can continue on Saturday
mez

21/1/2019, 13:57
I was there, first half pretty even we may have shaded it. Second half we were by far the better team and they seemed to resort to roughhouse tactics. I thought they were really poor , god knows how they are so far up the league. Their keeper was lucky to stay on. I thought their lad was a bit unfortunate to be given a straight red ( but you are a knob for booting the ball at a player that is on the deck) the officials had a poor game.Their free kick was premier league quality but they didn't deserve it. Dirty niggling,quick ,difficult to beat team I guess its how you win games in this league?
Good turnout from the Dollies , it felt like a loss but you would have taken a point before kick off. Great to have two strikers up top , more movement and they caused no end of trouble.  Warrington good ground nice area a good day.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum