Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brocker

Scarborough Empty Scarborough

20/10/2018, 20:41
Was it as totally horrendous as the scoreline tells me it was? Can anyone offer a crumb of comfort? Sad
alasher
alasher

Scarborough Empty Re: Scarborough

21/10/2018, 00:05
No it wasnt
sparrows left peg

21/10/2018, 08:53
Although we gifted them three goals and the penalty where the ref already had the whistle to his mouth before the tackle was made, let's not sugar-coat it, the defending at times was a shambles. Offensively we offered very little, again, and with this crippling injury list showing no signs of easing, we are in serious trouble. The squad needs three or four new players to add a bit of impetus to it and we desperately need a striker. Up until the first goal howler though, I thought we were the better team strangely. After that we went to pieces, defensively anyway. Tom Kilifin ran his socks off yesterday with little support as did Simon Wills but now we have a suspension coming up for Russell's alleged stamp. More bodies are needed and if that means shipping some of the high earners out, so be it.
sparrows left peg

21/10/2018, 08:54
Although we gifted them three goals and the penalty where the ref already had the whistle to his mouth before the tackle was made, let's not sugar-coat it, the defending at times was a shambles. Offensively we offered very little, again, and with this crippling injury list showing no signs of easing, we are in serious trouble. The squad needs three or four new players to add a bit of impetus to it and we desperately need a striker. Up until the first goal howler though, I thought we were the better team strangely. After that we went to pieces, defensively anyway. Tom Kilifin ran his socks off yesterday with little support as did Simon Wills but now we have a suspension coming up for Russell's alleged stamp. More bodies are needed and if that means shipping some of the high earners out, so be it.
mez

22/10/2018, 11:40
As I only saw three goals that was a crumb of comfort! More positives we would have taken 7 points from the last four games, however it was shocking on Saturday . What really pissed me off was Scarborough didn't get out of second gear to score six!! We gifted almost every goal to them . Hopefully some of our absentees are back for Tuesday . Lets hope for a more solid performance.
alasher
alasher

22/10/2018, 18:02
We did defend horridly at times, SLP is right, we gifted three of the first four goals. The keeper did call clearly for the first goal, was at fault due to a poor punch for the second (which also took a big deflection), & Mr Penalty Walshaw was awarded one that didn't convince me at the time, & even less so after watching the highlights. Williams gave the ball away on the egde of our penalty area for the fourth & the last two came late on after a sending off for us which should've been matched by one for them for the same incident. I agree that untill we gave away the first goal, we were marginally the better side. Overall they probably had another gear to go up if needed, & I think the better team won, although they were vey flattered by the margin, 2-0 would've been a more acurate reflection of the day.
I want to strogly disagree with SLP's statement that we created nothing though. With a bit of luck, we could've been in front after hitting the post, their keeper made a couple of decent saves, & Winder should've squared to Wills instead of getting off a weak shot.
Hopefully we can go again on Tuesday
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum