Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dollyblade

New Mills Mon Mar 24th - I'm Back Empty New Mills Mon Mar 24th - I'm Back

23/3/2014, 15:28
Was logging in for the 1st time since the Message Board migrated a few years ago (I've kept reading it but didn't have much to say as I don't see City as often as I used to) to start a New Mills thread and state my enthusiasm for my trip there on Monday - and saw all the stuff about Radcliffe / Ramsbottom!

Oh dear. I wasn't there, but it doesn't look good. Lancaster do have some "lively" fans that I've seen at games over the last few years but it seems from the video that as Billy Joel said "They Didn't Start The Fire".

Anyway to New Mills. I can't promise a full 50 seater from Sheffield from the mid 1990s, but I can promise my Derbyshire Wayfarer will allow for some pub stops in the Peak District on the way over and I may try to dig out The Sheffield Blues Banner.

Incidentally, went to New Mills last year to watch Sheffield F C. I bought Meat Pie and Chips. I asked what sort of meat it was - they said it's MEAT :-)
Conmac End

New Mills Mon Mar 24th - I'm Back Empty Re: New Mills Mon Mar 24th - I'm Back

24/3/2014, 10:25
Dollyblade wrote:Was logging in for the 1st time since the Message Board migrated a few years ago (I've kept reading it but didn't have much to say as I don't see City as often as I used to) to start a New Mills thread and state my enthusiasm for my trip there on Monday - and saw all the stuff about Radcliffe / Ramsbottom!

Oh dear. I wasn't there, but it doesn't look good. Lancaster do have some "lively" fans that I've seen at games over the last few years but it seems from the video that as Billy Joel said "They Didn't Start The Fire".

Anyway to New Mills. I can't promise a full 50 seater from Sheffield from the mid 1990s, but I can promise my Derbyshire Wayfarer will allow for some pub stops in the Peak District on the way over and I may try to dig out The Sheffield Blues Banner.

Incidentally, went to New Mills last year to watch Sheffield F C. I bought Meat Pie and Chips. I asked what sort of meat it was - they said it's MEAT :-)

Nice one Blade, see you there.
alasher
alasher

24/3/2014, 11:49
Welcome back Pete!
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

24/3/2014, 15:52
Match off. Pitch is waterlogged according to New Mills.
sparrows left peg

24/3/2014, 16:45
Unbelievable. The country's been baked in sunshine all day.
gaz1889

24/3/2014, 18:47
Looks like it'll have to be 14th April now?
Dollyblade

26/3/2014, 15:14
So near ............................. so far!

Maybe an 11am set-off for a ground 40 miles away was being a bit optimistic, but there's a lot of nice pubs in the Peak District :-). We made it as far as Hope before finding out it was off. Absolutely amazing sunny weather all day and was able to sit outside the pub in Hope basking in the warm weather - gutted.

7 people effectively taking a Day-Off on a Monday (though we were then "forced" to visit all 6 pubs in Castleton before returning to Sheffield so it was still an ok day).

Can't be sure of making the rearranged date as Sheff Utd are at Wembley the day before in the F A Cup semi-final, so may just attempt a play-off game instead.

Keep the run going City.
Shrimpsmakemeill

26/3/2014, 16:09
Maybe we should play the New Mills game as a pre-season friendly in the middle of July, perhaps their pitch will be playable thenĀ Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum