Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big weekend.....

+6
acasualview
SC GenSec
South of the river
Shrimpsmakemeill
themaclad
alasher
10 posters
Go down
acasualview

Big weekend..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Big weekend.....

28/8/2017, 09:59
This is the sort of game which we need to get 3 points from, all the ingredients would look to be in our favour but Staly will be looking to end their bad run. I'd hope we can get a bank holiday boost to the crowd numbers to lift the boys in blue.
Tobycarvery

28/8/2017, 12:51
We have been very solid defensively so far, so I wouldn't expect Stalybridge to cause us many problems, but we need more of a cutting edge up front. Having now drawn as many games as the whole of last season, a win is needed today.
themaclad
themaclad

28/8/2017, 19:06
alasher
alasher

28/8/2017, 21:24
We're still coming to terms with this division I think.
I thought overall that we were the better team. We didn't create anything like enough clear cut chances,& didn't make the most of those that we did. Hopefully the very welcome extra folk that turned up will make another visit it was good to see so many people on the Axe.
MOTM Simon Wills. Broke up their play excellently & drove us forward when he won the ball back
lukewilson

28/8/2017, 21:40
First time back for a while and enjoyed the afternoon I'll definitely be along again soon, team ground out the result and completely agree with alasher that Simon Wills bossed it for us today, thought we could be heading for another draw though as game management wasn't great in the final 15 and kept giving opportunities to them to put us under pressure at the back although they never really created that many clear chances. 3 points well earned though so onwards and upwards
Shrimpsmakemeill

28/8/2017, 22:08
Been out all day today so fantastic to return to see there are three more points in the bag.

Interesting to read some comments on the Stalybridge website:-

- (Lancaster) one shot on target in 90 minutes

- the poorest team we've played so far

- Lancaster largely unadventurous

- plenty of bellends in their support

Sour grapes or some elements of truth?
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

29/8/2017, 18:25
I felt we played well on Monday. I'm just a little concerned that we don't finish teams off earlier. I thought we were by far the better team and it was only when we sat back a little that they threatened. Saying that, we are still very new to this league and it seems to me that first and foremost Phil wants to make us hard to beat which I totally understand. They were only ever going to score through us sitting back, a lapse in concentration or a freak goal. The last thing we want is to dominate teams only for them to salvage something from the game due to us not finishing the job earlier. However, still unbeaten, improving all the time from what I can see and with some excellent individual performances on Monday. Josh Powell, for me, must recieve praise for coming into the side at the last minute against Mickleover and putting in some excellent displays. Keep it up Blues. COYDB.

Last edited by Doctor Jimmy on 29/8/2017, 18:37; edited 2 times in total
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

29/8/2017, 18:26
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:Been out all day today so fantastic to return to see there are three more points in the bag.

Interesting to read some comments on the Stalybridge website:-

- (Lancaster) one shot on target in 90 minutes
Yes and it went in

- the poorest team we've played so far
Also the only unbeaten team in the league

- Lancaster largely unadventurous
Say them with two banks of four behind the ball at all times

- plenty of bellends in their support
no idea what this about, the rest of their judgement appears off

Sour grapes or some elements of truth?

Answers above.

Sour grapes. We should have won by 3/4 if we were sharper up top at the moment. They were so shite they'd be a relegation fight in the North West Counties.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

29/8/2017, 19:26
Had a quick read of their forum. Bizarre views, but I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Mine is that they were absolutely shite, and we beat them without needing to get out of first gear. Basketball
acasualview

29/8/2017, 20:17
3 points but not much flair and a lack of ambition. We get a close free kick on 90 minutes and try to play it into the corner to waste time.
Distribution from goal was very poor, either very high and won by Staly or off the park. Too many long balls. We looked so much better when passing to feet and moving the ball on. On the plus side nice day, larger crowd and those 3 points.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum