Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neil Marshall

+9
Brocker
Conmac End
MA Shrimp
distantmusic
Prestondolly
alasher
chelseabilly
DollyTillIDie
EgonPorter
13 posters
Go down
EgonPorter
EgonPorter

Neil Marshall Empty Neil Marshall

21/1/2016, 11:37
I don't know how many of you will have already read this on Twitter or the Lancaster guardian, but marshy has announced he is going to retire at the end of the season. The two articles below provide the details

http://m.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/local/lancaster-city-legend-to-retire-as-he-battles-cancer-1-7686263

http://m.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/lancaster-city-fc/neil-marshall-column-if-i-had-my-time-again-i-wouldn-t-change-a-thing-1-7686012
DollyTillIDie

Neil Marshall Empty Re: Neil Marshall

21/1/2016, 11:40
The man is a legend, not the news I or any of us wanted to wake up to. I'd say let's get behind him and the lads but 1) that will be everyone's automatic reaction and 2) we've been well behind them in recent weeks. Long may it continue.
chelseabilly

Neil Marshall Empty Neil Marshall

21/1/2016, 12:09
Very brave of Neil to let people know of is illness,A local lad who as always given is best for the club,I hope the club can get a really big team to come and play in a testimonial for Neil.Dont suppose we could get Liverpool (Neil's a big fan)but what about the Liverpool legends does anybody know how we could contact them,I know mark, Stuart,and other directors will be doing everything they can but maybe one of our supporters out ther can help,If anybody deserves a big testimonial then it's our Captain,Leader,Legend.
alasher
alasher

21/1/2016, 12:17
A true & complete #LancasterCitylegend & a legend of a man.

He more than deserves the reception he will get on Saturday. He's been City through thick & thin. Always there when we've needed him. The testimonial he mentions MUST take place & be a celebration of his time at our club & a chance for us to thank him......with a rousing sing-song & raising some money for him & his family
Prestondolly

21/1/2016, 13:33
A very brave decision to go public, I hope everybody supports him in any way he needs & the team get to the final, maybe the club should then retire the number 5 shirt .
distantmusic

21/1/2016, 13:37
A rare breed these days, wears his heart on his sleeve and has served the club selflessly through some difficult times. We have the rest of the season to show our support, which I am sure we will do, and a 'true' testimonial would be the right way to bring the curtain down - thanks for everything Neil and good luck for the future, for what it's worth you have my utmost respect.
MA Shrimp

21/1/2016, 14:12
Morecambe fan in peace and first time poster.

Shocked and saddened to read this news about your Legend, Neil Marshall.

I've seen Marshy play a lot in the Blue and White of City and the word Legend is more than apt, and he fully deserves the board he has on your ground.

Never, ever gave less than 100% and the City team will miss his presence.

Wishing you and LCFC all the best for the rest of the season and your quest to make the Play Offs.

DO IT for Marshy.
Conmac End

21/1/2016, 17:27
Marshy is one of the main reasons I watch the Dollies, it's about the Lancaster City Family and he would run through a brick wall for the City!
We've watched Neil come from local park pitches to the Conference North, form left back to centre half and proud Captain of our club.
He could of played at a lot higher level but I'm sure he never once thought of leaving the Dolly Blues.
I and I'm sure all Dollies would like to wish Neil and Kim all the very best for the future.
Brocker

21/1/2016, 19:45
Marshy is a giant of a player and a giant of a man. No expressions of respect can be sufficient to record our admiration. May he have many years of good health to share with his family.
Tobycarvery

21/1/2016, 23:11
In these days of football mercenaries it is refreshing to see a player dedicated to one club throughout his career. He played through our darkest season and stuck with us, for which he earns my utmost respect. A City legend and a rock at the heart of our defence for years. A testimonial is fully deserved.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum