Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Harrogate game Empty Harrogate game

9/1/2016, 18:12
The match may have been brought down because of the soaked pitch, but The Shed End noise and three points made it all worth it Very Happy

Bring on the Ossett!
Conmac End

Harrogate game Empty Re: Harrogate game

9/1/2016, 18:51
Cracking in The Shed! #PJBBWA
Shrimpsmakemeill

9/1/2016, 19:01
It must be something about the air post-Christmas: around this time last year we won six games out of seven. Long may it continue, although I bet we've never been to Ossett Albion when they've been in such a strong position. Impressive to improve our season's best attendance two weeks in a row, against a team which usually brings about three fans.

I was following their Twitter as it was very active (14 updates in the second half alone) and their summary: "Extremely unlucky not to come away with at least a point".
chelseabilly

9/1/2016, 19:10
Talking to the players after the game and they all were saying how good it is to have a great vocal backing,Hope I'm not jumping the gun but I honestly believe we have the making of a very good side,The average age must be one of the lowest we've seen at this club for a long time,Yes today wasn't pretty but when you have everybody pulling in the same direction on and of the field we are going to be in a very good position.Keep the noise up in the shed boys.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

9/1/2016, 19:23
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:I was following their Twitter as it was very active (14 updates in the second half alone) and their summary: "Extremely unlucky not to come away with at least a point".

They had one shot on target all game...

Whoever was doing our Twitter was probably too busy making noise The Shed Very Happy
Brocker

9/1/2016, 19:58
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:It must be something about the air post-Christmas: around this time last year we won six games out of seven. Long may it continue, although I bet we've never been to Ossett Albion when they've been in such a strong position. Impressive to improve our season's best attendance two weeks in a row, against a team which usually brings about three fans.

I was following their Twitter as it was very active (14 updates in the second half alone) and their summary: "Extremely unlucky not to come away with at least a point".
Oddly enough, our first season in this league (2007/Cool Ossett Albion were among the front runners. Early in the season we lost 5-1 there after scoring in the first minute and being all over them for the first ten. We ended the game with nine men after Ubes and Zeeks both received two yellow cards ( a feat we were to repeat at Bridlington). In the return fixture we were leading 3-0 on a very foggy afternoon with the visiting players begging the ref to abandon it. They pulled two goals back and suddenly were happy to play: we held on for all three points and dented their promotion hopes.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

9/1/2016, 20:13
Ossett Albion score a lot (largely thanks to Rob Bordman's 14 goals...) but they also concede a lot.

Their record against the top teams is poor (winless). However they have played a lot of games against the lower league sides, including all games against the bottom three. They have played New Mills twice, Harrogate twice, Ossett Town twice...those make up almost half of their wins so far (6 out of 14).

League tables are often deceiving at this stage. Like us for example...we've only played 2 games out 6 against the bottom 3. If you swap two of our defeats for two games (and likely wins) against New Mills, all of sudden we're in 5th place.

Stats etc.

I'm confident we can win, despite our less than impressive record there, if we can keep Bordman quiet.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

9/1/2016, 20:20
It was Van Gaal-esque at times but at least we got the three points. I like idea of what we are trying to do in terms of personnel and formation even if today wasn't the best to watch.

Just a small note re Brocker column in today's programme. Tony Hesketh was in charge of (a rather good) first team in 09/10 when Kilifin scored a lot for the under 18s. I'm not sure what Tom did in 10/11 but was described as a triallist at Kendal in summer 2011 when TH was still in charge here.
Brocker

10/1/2016, 17:36
janb wrote:It was Van Gaal-esque at times but at least we got the three points. I like idea of what we are trying to do in terms of personnel and formation even if today wasn't the best to watch.

Just a small note re Brocker column in today's programme. Tony Hesketh was in charge of (a rather good) first team in 09/10 when Kilifin scored a lot for the under 18s. I'm not sure what Tom did in 10/11 but was described as a triallist at Kendal in summer 2011 when TH was still in charge here.
Thanks Jan. I was going by the "three years too late" comment which I took as implying that Killer had been allowed to leave three years earlier, which would have been immediately pre-TH's time. It would seem that Spike was being less precise over his timing. Glad to know that two people read my column--you and Tony Hesketh.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum