Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northwich

+8
sparrows left peg
Shrimpsmakemeill
LFC-LCFC
Brocker
Dollyblue86
Conmac End
Tobycarvery
alasher
12 posters
Go down
Prestondolly

Northwich - Page 4 Empty Re: Northwich

8/10/2015, 15:10
It all involves City whatever thread it's on, more fans equals more money, more money equals better players, better players equals better results & better football. Is that not what is wanted ???
Quality Since 1911

8/10/2015, 15:44
So what do you suggest ?
We ask our Chairman and Directors to put their hands in their supposed deep pockets and cough up cash for players ?
I believe I read somewhere that the club has attempted to get more directors in with little or no success.
I for one don't believe in a cautious approach to spending (ie where we will be in 10/20 years) it's all about the hear and now, but in saying that we also don't need to panic / offer bigger wages etc and put the club on a financial road to ruin (again).
We all want out of this league and I believe that is the goal of all concerned at LCFC, With a new man at the helm and changes that will almost certainly happen on the field, it takes time.
I agree we don't need to wait another 9 or so years but, next season will do nicely thank you. I truly believe we can write off this season as another season of transition (hey ho) and really go for it in 2016/17.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

8/10/2015, 15:46
All of you arguing about how good/bad the reserves are will no doubt be at their match tonight then for a more informed opinion Very Happy
Prestondolly

8/10/2015, 16:17
I go every week
sparrows left peg

8/10/2015, 16:23
This is a never ending argument, shouldn't the club or supporters be more interested in the first team rather than the reserves. I have been a season ticket holder for about 20 years now and I don't buy it every season to see how the reserves are getting on. Go and watch the reserves you keep saying, so what, I want us to get out of the Evo Stik Division One North. Selfish, maybe but I'm afraid that's the reality of it all.
Prestondolly

8/10/2015, 17:38
I know let's scrap the reserves & give ALL the money it costs to the 1st team, then in a season or two when the money runs out & players earning good money leave, sparrows left peg will be watching North west counties football because all the decent young reserves will be playing elsewhere, he'll be happy then !!!
alasher
alasher

8/10/2015, 18:42
The Fans' Fund is currently giving the club £210 / week towards the players wages. If more people join we would be able to increase that amount & help bring in new players
Contact myself for details
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

8/10/2015, 18:52
Without the reserves there wouldn't be Billy Akrigg, Ryan Winder, Reece Pearce, Jacob Davis...and that's just from the current squad!

They are an important part of the club, both for our first team and our duty to serve the community for promising local aspiring footballers.

They deserve our support. The football is good, and they're all potential first team players.
Prestondolly

8/10/2015, 19:58
Well done LFC-LCFC another supporter of the reserves, I thought I was on my own .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum