Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New signings

+4
LFC-LCFC
distantmusic
sparrows left peg
chelseabilly
8 posters
Go down
chelseabilly

New signings  Empty New signings

24/7/2015, 12:43
I am becoming very frustrated by our lack of new faces at the axe,At the end of last season I thought if we were to get anywhere near the play offs this season we would need at least 6 new players.whilst we yet again have stood still every body else seems to be bringing in better players to bolster there squads,I carnt think of anybody who as come into the squad in the last two seasons who as significantly improved us,(maybe Sam Bailey )but even he as now moved on,thoughts were 2 new fullbacks 1centre half 1 winger and 2 strikers,maybe another player now as well seeing Sam gone and he could cover a few positions,I know we carnt pay massive wages but can any other side in our region at our level and just above us,there must be a reason we can not attract players,hope I am wrong but I see us as a bottom half of the table team at the moment.Like to know other fans opinions.please give me some hope for the season ahead
sparrows left peg

New signings  Empty Re: New signings

25/7/2015, 08:29
Couldn't agree more Billy. It seems this squad has been around for ages without strengthening it. Adam Freeland was brought in from Clitheroe but I don't think he's a match winner, steady as he is. I hope for the Club's sake that this Academy thing pays off after it's been all over the website and twitter all summer, but that's for the future. It's now that we need new blood. If we do unearth a 'diamond' from the Academy, how long before he gets cherry-picked by a bigger club. As being Lancaster born and bred, nothing frustrates me more than having someone born in the Town go and play for friggin Kendal or whoever.
distantmusic

25/7/2015, 09:02
It will be interesting to see if, after last Saturday's game behind closed doors so to speak, there are any new faces in the squad this afternoon. There is a general feeling it would seem that we need some new blood and whilst I'm not sure we need 6 players I certainly think we need 3, maybe Darren & Trevor are playing their cards close to the chest but they'll have to play their hand soon with only 3 more pre-season games to go. I'm preparing myself for another season out of the play offs, not thinking bottom half of the table but probably 7th or 8th be.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

25/7/2015, 11:26
Having Kilifin and Taylor back for the full season is like a new signing surely? Along with Michael Aspin at full back, the potential of LaFuente and a few others on the horizon (still three weeks to go...) I'm not as gloomy as some of you.

Not sure how the end of season optimism from Jan-April has disappeared just because we've got the same squad that played so impressively? The only change so far is at right back, with an actual defender signed to play there. This is bad how?

DollyTillIDie

25/7/2015, 12:12
LFC-LCFC wrote:Having Kilifin and Taylor back for the full season is like a new signing surely? Along with Michael Aspin at full back, the potential of LaFuente and a few others on the horizon (still three weeks to go...) I'm not as gloomy as some of you.

Not sure how the end of season optimism from Jan-April has disappeared just because we've got the same squad that played so impressively? The only change so far is at right back, with an actual defender signed to play there. This is bad how?

I agree and coupled with no Darlo or Salford, 5th is eyeing us up
gaz1889

25/7/2015, 12:19
I reckon we're ok in defence, we've got 3 decent central defenders plus others who can fill in. The second half of last season showed we can shut out the best in this division, we're not gonna win the league but we're not going to get Terry & Ramos....maybe another full back will give us a basis for a play-off push.
Centre mid is fine as long as Hunter plays.....could do with a bit more sharpness out wide & up front but I'll settle for 30 1-0 wins.
chelseabilly

25/7/2015, 21:32
Hope I didn't upset to many fans with the post,I know that what ever happens the loyal ones like myself will watch and help our club through what ever happens, on a lighter note a lot of years ago a certain music critic said I have seen the future of rock and roll its Bruce Springsteen ( god he was right) to day we've seen the future of Lancaster city a sixteen year old scoring the winner hope I'm right
CarefulWithThatAxe

26/7/2015, 09:31
It was an own goal - the announcer got it wrong.
Brocker

27/7/2015, 13:03
CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:It was an own goal - the announcer got it wrong.
Agree with you there--an exquisite lob by the defender. However, that helps to underline our lack of bite up front.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum