Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is Tom Kilifin?

+6
cityuntilidie
Conmac End
Shrimpsmakemeill
LFC-LCFC
alasher
Tobycarvery
10 posters
Go down
alasher
alasher

Where is Tom Kilifin? - Page 4 Empty Re: Where is Tom Kilifin?

2/12/2014, 12:40
In an ideal world, any club with a player on contract that they didnt want to leave, would simply leave them to languish in the ressies or wherever. Sadly we are all aware that as a club we cant afford to pay someone who is unwilling to play, because we need to find/pay either a new left winger or striker. Football is a team game, the manager picks the team, the players play where they are asked to play.
The club has not helped the situation by not providing any information, so leaving the rumour mill to grind on, leading now to disagreements among us supporters.
I would be disappointed if/when Tom leaves, but the club goes on whoever is playing for it. I support LCFC, not any individual players/managers/officials. At the moment I believe that Darren is taking the club in the right direction......how he gets it there is up to him
Conmac End

2/12/2014, 13:28
alasher wrote:In an ideal world, any club with a player on contract that they didnt want to leave, would simply leave them to languish in the ressies or wherever. Sadly we are all aware that as a club we cant afford to pay someone who is unwilling to play, because we need to find/pay either a new left winger or striker. Football is a team game, the manager picks the team, the players play where they are asked to play.
The club has not helped the situation by not providing any information, so leaving the rumour mill to grind on, leading now to disagreements among us supporters.
I would be disappointed if/when Tom leaves, but the club goes on whoever is playing for it. I support LCFC, not any individual players/managers/officials. At the moment I believe that  Darren is taking the club in the right direction......how he gets it there is up to him  

I don't agree with the right direction bit Steve!
Tobycarvery

2/12/2014, 15:54
Conmac End wrote:
Brocker wrote:2K would be daylight robbery. Come on, Tom, DP and TS will do far more to develop you as a player than anyone at Kendal will ever know how to do.

We all know that Tom does not want to play on the left, so play him down the middle, what's the problem with that.

We also know that one of our younger players is off if he doesn't play where we all know he should be playing, that's centre mid-field!

We are now 14 points of the play-off's and it needs sorting!! Evil or Very Mad  

I agree that we could play him as a striker if that's the real problem. It seems to me that the combination of him and Aaron worked well before. I don't see Ryan Winder as an out-and-out striker and DP seems to regard Woods and Wearing as useful subs. Also, assuming the other player mentioned is Bailey, he could play centre midfield with Winder wide right. We would then need a left winger, unless Clark were used as a wing back in a 5-man midfield. I'm sure DP knows what's best for the team, but it would be sad to see players leave because they're not happy where they're played.
distantmusic

2/12/2014, 16:45
Deja Vu - I can understand a lack of information in the short term but I'm afraid this seems like the old wall of silence again. Initially supporters must accept that the club officials need time to colate the facts and try to settle these matters before making any official comment but this particular matter has surely gone on long enough to justify some clarification from the club. Rumour and counter rumour do not cast things in a good light and I would venture to suggest that a clearing of the air, be it good news or bad, would allow us to focus our attentions on moving forward, because at the moment we seem to be in limbo.
Brocker

2/12/2014, 16:57
Fair point, Dave. As far as I can gather, the position is that Tom is a contracted player and, as such, is expected to play where the manager chooses to play him. If Kendal wish to make an offer for him, it will presumably be considered. Meanwhile the management is attempting to "get his head right" to resume playing. Personally, I can't think it would be good for any player to dictate to the manager where on the field he is to play. Knowing nothing about football tactics, I think Tom is at his best cutting in from the left where he can use his dribbling skills, rather than attempting less successfully to hold the ball up in the middle, but that's not the point. The manager must be allowed to manage.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

2/12/2014, 18:31
Conmac End wrote:
LFC-LCFC wrote:That 2k would nicely furnish the new supporters bars for when we beat Kendal on Boxing Day.

Didn't they lose again on Saturday? Waste of money that place.

It was said that it was going to be paid for by our FA Cup run! Rolling Eyes

I said bars...plural Wink
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

2/12/2014, 18:34
alasher wrote: Sadly we are all aware that as a club we cant afford to pay someone who is unwilling to play, because we need to find/pay either a new left winger or striker. 

Pay as you play contracts are a wonderful thing.
Conmac End

3/12/2014, 10:28
LFC-LCFC wrote:
Conmac End wrote:
LFC-LCFC wrote:That 2k would nicely furnish the new supporters bars for when we beat Kendal on Boxing Day.

Didn't they lose again on Saturday? Waste of money that place.

It was said that it was going to be paid for by our FA Cup run! Rolling Eyes

I said bars...plural Wink

I did see that Jonny! Smile
alasher
alasher

10/12/2014, 17:53
https://twitter.com/AdamLordLM/status/542669882014576640

Knowledge is power? information is king? It seems that we are mushrooms. I dont mind being told that "there is nothing to tell you" if its true,but apparently there is something to tell us.......but its ok to tell someone else first
distantmusic

11/12/2014, 11:54
I can't pretend I'm not disappointed at the lack of an 'official' update on the Kilifin saga, as I posted elsewhere it comes across yet again as walls of silence from the club. The key point for me is that this has been ongoing for 6 weeks and no one can pretend that there hasn't been a need for information for the supporters, after all their fan's fund helps keep players like Tom at the club moneywise, but yet again it is announced through the Guardian that he has 'returned to the fold' as though it was simply a break away and the website is devoid of any information, you wonder what it's there for some times.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum