Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BARROW

+8
janb
cityuntilidie
ex pro
Conmac End
CarefulWithThatAxe
LFC-LCFC
South of the river
sparrows left peg
12 posters
Go down
gaz1889

BARROW - Page 2 Empty Re: BARROW

8/11/2014, 22:30
He'll also s**g yer mum
ex pro

10/11/2014, 00:05
I can`t understand killer is one of the best strikers in the league we are saying things about connie weather to have him back or not,all I am saying the team is weaker when he is out wide we played Winder in a more forward role in the last two game,why not put him out wide where he as been playing all season,Killer is a natural striker with his pace and eye for goal we should not even be thinking of having Connie back to me its a no brainer put killer back where he can hurt teams
alasher
alasher

10/11/2014, 15:02
ex pro wrote:I can`t understand killer is one of the best strikers in the league we are saying things about connie weather to have him back or not,all I am saying the team is weaker when he is out wide we played Winder in a more forward role in the last two game,why not put him out wide where he as been playing all season,Killer is a natural striker with his pace and eye for goal we should not even be thinking of having Connie back to me its a no brainer put killer back where he can hurt teams  

I agree, Killer is one of the best strikers in this division. However, if he is being played as a left winger/wide midfielder (which he seems to be) then we need another striker to play alongside/behind/cover for Taylor.
I wonder if Tom is as happy playing out wide? & if he isnt what might this lead to?
ex pro

10/11/2014, 19:22
Ok than who would you rather lead the line as your main striker I will say Killer every time for me,I was speaking to his Dad last week he plays their because DP wants him to, he does not like playing their but what can you do when he is told to play their he will always do his best in what ever position he is told to play .... DP is the manager... you are right thou what if another team comes in for him and offers him a strikers role now that would be a concern : pale
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

10/11/2014, 20:10
A year ago Tom told me he liked playing on the wing as it gives him the chance to run at defenders which he enjoys.

Don't know if that's changed or not. I prefer Kilifin on the wing myself, and I liked the combo of Taylor and Winder. Gave a nice attacking balance on Tuesday v Burscough. Not sure if that was a one off though as I wasn't at Droylsden.

As for Taylor, yes hopefully his critics will zip it now. Our top scorer in all competitions. Probably has the most assists as well. Well on course for a 25 goal season.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

10/11/2014, 20:32
Yeah Burscough game Winder central worked very well (as did Bailey wide), and seemed well suited to it, and also could drop and add an extra man to the midfield which helped control there. Like Jonny I didn't see the Droylsden game.

If you stick Tom K central, then who do you stick on the left? Winder, could work as inverted winger but equally could be a bit awkward. Dodgson is only good for a 20-30 minute cameo every now and again these days it seems. Bailey as perhaps the best footballer in the squad can seemingly 'do a job' in any position, but again would be a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

On a broader note, we haven't kept a clean sheet for 9 games since the 4th October so perhaps our defensive configuration is of more pressing concern.
Shrimpsmakemeill

11/11/2014, 21:17
janb wrote:
On a broader note, we haven't kept a clean sheet for 9 games since the 4th October so perhaps our defensive configuration is of more pressing concern.

Indeed, in all competitions we have conceded over 40 goals this season.

Rob Henry has barely played all season and IMHO, Gavin Clark is not suited to the left back role: just as a recent example both of Ossett Albion's goals came from that side. If only Elderton was available on a regular basis.

In the centre of defence, Marshall has had a variety of partners, namely the aforementioned Clark, Jacob Davis and Ben Hudson. So we haven't been settled there either where we miss Steel.
Brocker

14/11/2014, 12:07
More than happy that Aaron has proved me wrong: long may it continue. Tom cutting in from the left and dribbling past players causes mayhem in opposing defences. It's a bit ironic that a team managed by one of the best defenders in England tends to the chaotic at times in defence. The losses of Rob, Steel, and Eldo have cost us.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum