Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raddy

+21
TheRealDelly
Blueboytruthlover
briank
DollyTillIDie
Doctor Jimmy
SC GenSec
South of the river
janb
Tobycarvery
distantmusic
Shrimpsmakemeill
sparrows left peg
AJ
gaz1889
Conmac End
cityuntilidie
LFC-LCFC
LCCDollyBlue
EgonPorter
Mad Cyril
themaclad
25 posters
Go down
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Raddy - Page 4 Empty Re: Raddy

23/3/2014, 15:21
South of the river wrote:
You sound like one of Maggie the Witch's entourage.  It's not exactly Luton and Millwall !

Given that we are a non-league club with 200 fans, I wouldn't be comparing us with Luton and Millwall either. One fight is one too many.
South of the river

23/3/2014, 16:05
janb wrote:
South of the river wrote:
You sound like one of Maggie the Witch's entourage.  It's not exactly Luton and Millwall !

Given that we are a non-league club with 200 fans, I wouldn't be comparing us with Luton and Millwall either. One fight is one too many.

I was being a tad tongue-in-cheek, old chap.
cityuntilidie

23/3/2014, 16:16
No problem Conmac End. On holiday next week or would have gone to New Mills. Lets get another 3 points then beat Bamber Bridge next Saturday
SC GenSec

23/3/2014, 22:21
That yesterday's brawl happened is sad, but it's almost more sad that between us we've consumed 3 pages of the Forum talking about it ! So, for those who weren't there, I thought I'd just remind everyone that there were - contrarary to what you might think - 90 mins of football either side of the brawl, in which the Dollies scored a notable victory. In fact, the first 30 mins was as ruthless and devastating a performance as you are ever likely to see from a City side, and Raddy can count themselves unlucky to have come up against City yesterday, in such a rich vein of form. 4 different goalscorers, and it could have been more - both Killer and Connie missed chances which looked easier than the ones from which they scored. Playing with the wind is not always the advantage it's cracked up to be (evidence City v Wire at Giant Axe earlier this season), but yesterday it definitely was, and the Raddy defence - certainly not the worst we've seen this season - had a torrid time.
Second half was more even, thanks to Raddy - to their credit - going hard to make the scoreline respectable, and City playing up the hill, against the wind, and on a bog of a pitch. A key objective was achieved with the 4-0 halftime scoreline, as it allowed the management to take off Gary Hunter, Killer and Connie once the second half had settled in, presumably to save their legs for the likely exertions at Mills tomorrow.
We all know that football's an unpredictable game and it could all go tits up in the blink of an eye, but if City keep playing like this, I can't see any side in this League staying with us. DP is right that we have it in our own hands, but we shouldn't underestimate the impact that our results and performances are having on others around us. Hopefully, the Rammy delegation at Stainton Park yesterday will have seen - when they weren't fighting -that the Dollies are  rather more a force to be reckoned with now than when we met 6 weeks ago.
distantmusic

24/3/2014, 07:25
The GenSec is spot on here, continuing to focus on the incident off the field plays into the hands of third parties who presumeably hoped to see us divided and losing our focus on what we are really all about. I don't think it was a simple crowd incident and I do think it was an attack on my club but let the authorities deal with it and let's get behind the team for tonight and the remaining games and hit third parties where it really hurts.
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

24/3/2014, 20:49
Sorry for bringing this up again but there is an article in tonights online version of the Manchester Evening News. As I wasnt there I obviously cant comnent but id be intetested to hear what anyone who was there thinks of the article. It seems to be taken from a Rammy POV as it states that both City and Radcliffe are unavailable for comment. Also just this minute been informed that Martin Fearon has signed for Rammy on loan until the end of the season from Chester. Sorry ive no links.
Conmac End

25/3/2014, 10:18
Doctor Jimmy wrote:Sorry for bringing this up again but there is an article in tonights online version of the Manchester Evening News. As I wasnt there I obviously cant comnent but id be intetested to hear what anyone who was there thinks of the article. It seems to be taken from a Rammy POV as it states that both City and Radcliffe are unavailable for comment. Also just this minute been informed that Martin Fearon has signed for Rammy on loan until the end of the season from Chester. Sorry ive no links.

What's needed here is an account from an independant witness!
DollyTillIDie

25/3/2014, 10:20
A quote from a Morecambe fan. Definitely supports them because posts later on make it clear.

"I was at RADCLIFFE yesterday and I have never seen anything like it in non-league football.....Ramsbottom players (some in officials club tracksuits) their fans and their officials were all involved when they turned up at half time allegedly looking for trouble after their game got postponed.........There was 30-40 people involved. This was major crowd trouble as it involved 1/6th of the gate. RAMSBOTTOM ought to be ejected from the unibond. Totally spoilt an enjoyable game of football."

Only thing wrong is that the numbers may be a tad exaggerated.
gaz1889

25/3/2014, 11:19
DollyTillIDie wrote:A quote from a Morecambe fan. Definitely supports them because posts later on make it clear.

"I was at RADCLIFFE yesterday and I have never seen anything like it in non-league football.....Ramsbottom players (some in officials club tracksuits) their fans and their officials were all involved when they turned up at half time allegedly looking for trouble after their game got postponed.........There was 30-40 people involved. This was major crowd trouble as it involved 1/6th of the gate. RAMSBOTTOM ought to be ejected from the unibond. Totally spoilt an enjoyable game of football."

Thanks for posting Ryan......is this off Morecambe's board?
Obviously it doesn't give much detail but it seems a pretty accurate summing up to me.
DollyTillIDie

25/3/2014, 16:16
gaz1889 wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:A quote from a Morecambe fan. Definitely supports them because posts later on make it clear.

Thanks for posting Ryan......is this off Morecambe's board?
Obviously it doesn't give much detail but it seems a pretty accurate summing up to me.

Yes mate it is
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum