Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brocker

City2-2 Kendal Empty City2-2 Kendal

26/12/2013, 18:36
A disappointing performance with little of the flair from the Warrington game, though Connie is beginning to show his class. Only the ref knows how Danny McD, in the Kendal goal, avoided his second successive red card in a Giant Axe appearance, as he fouled Connie just outside the area in a central position with no defender behind him. Some justice done when Garry Hunter fired the free kick straight into the top corner, but with ten men and a substitute keeper things might have been very different.
City conceded far too many free kicks, and could have been made to pay. Not good to see Killer limping heavily at the end.
Neither side could afford to drop two points, but neither side did enough to deserve all three.
Conmac End

City2-2 Kendal Empty Re: City2-2 Kendal

26/12/2013, 19:30
Me n Zico think that's a crap result!!!
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

26/12/2013, 19:50
Looking at the table we're starting to lose touch with the top 5 and Rammy look like they're going to overtake us when they win their games in hand which is a concern.

Their second goal was very disappointing to concede but you can only give away so many set piece opportunities and not get punished. Kendal were a good side with a few very good players, but as a team weren't all too impressive and neither were we. We created little from the wings unusually from us, but it's a shame Connie just couldn't quite put away that chance for our third or else it would have been a different story!

Three points on Saturday is absolutely vital now. Great attendance today, hope a few enjoyed the second half enough to come back Very Happy
SC GenSec

26/12/2013, 22:26
Unless City start raking in a few victories, the "Breakaway 7" will rapidly become a "Breakaway 6", and we'll be out of it. All the sides above us are stringing together decent runs of victories, and even those who have 'dipped' lately (like Curzon and Warrington) have come back strongly and are off on another run of 3-pointers. Never mind Saturday, I'd say the next 3 (or 4) games are vital, and DP ought to be targeting 9, if not 12, points from these games - that would thrust us firmly back in the mix and provide a platform for the next couple of months.

The thing that really worried me today was how nervous and fragile we looked in defence after they equalised - shades of last season's late, late collapses. Ironic that we play Ossett Town at our place on Saturday !! At 4.30 today, I thought it was 2 points dropped, but at the end I was grateful for 1 point gained !

None of the next 3 or 4 games can be taken for granted (especially Saturday's 'dark horse' opponents), but if we are serious about mounting a play-off challenge, all are eminently winnable. Saturday is a 'must win' for starters !

Tobycarvery

27/12/2013, 11:31
Having looked at the 8 games to be played after the defeat to Curzon, I reckoned that we could and should get 6 wins and two draws, thus taking us up to 61 points and well in the promotion hunt. One of those draws was not supposed to be yesterday's game, which makes a mockery of me trying to predict the future and as Gen Sec rightly points out, all the teams above us are picking up points regularly, with Rammy now sneaking up behind us. A good run of victories is now vital. BTW what was yesterday's team? Was Winder back in the side?
alasher
alasher

27/12/2013, 11:52
Yesterday's result was disappointing & whenever the Dollies take the field, however absurd it may seem I always expect them to win, even during the "season from hell" I almost always felt this way. However I think that we are losing sight of the fact that our current side is most certainly a "work in progress" I dont think that we should be putting the pressure of too much expectation on either the players or DP We must be one of the lowest wage-paying clubs ( not through choice,but circumstances) in this division & at times it shows. At the start of the season I would have been more than happy with mid-table.....what were you hoping for?
As for the Kendal game,it was a little bit of a let down, but lets not forget a clinical strike from Connie, a wonderful free kick form Garry Hunter & the great save by Danny Mac from Connie when were 2-1 up which I think would have finished the game off (& of course that Danny shouldnt have been on the field to make the save) Our defending was poor for both goals we conceded.
Ryan Winder played from the start & I thought that he had a good game,having the biggest impact in the first half
Brocker

27/12/2013, 12:18
Tobycarvery wrote:Having looked at the 8 games to be played after the defeat to Curzon, I reckoned that we could and should get 6 wins and two draws, thus taking us up to 61 points and well in the promotion hunt. One of those draws was not supposed to be yesterday's game, which makes a mockery of me trying to predict the future and as Gen Sec rightly points out, all the teams above us are picking up points regularly, with Rammy now sneaking up behind us. A good run of victories is now vital. BTW what was yesterday's team? Was Winder back in the side?
Hale; Henry, Steel, Clark, Elderton; Winder, Wills, Hunter, Kilifin; Jackson (Wearing) Connerton.
adamw85

2/1/2014, 09:22
I know i'm in really late for this but what a free kick!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum