Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
South of the river

default Re: Not scoring enough goals? Or are we?

11/11/2013, 14:45
janb wrote:
South of the river wrote:
City score nine and you're still dissatisfied !
Not at all. Very satisfied.

What I'm not going to do is draw any conclusions about past or future performance based on one game though, particularly of this nature. Its likely to prove a statistical outlier however our season pans out.
So can you draw any conclusions from past performances ? I mentioned someone's comments and you said that you were unsure about what " relevances to todays (sic) game has to previous performances." Can you or can you not make comments and judgments on past performances? If you want to predict, surely you can be judged and told that what you said was a touch 'hasty' and wrong and essentially off the mark.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

11/11/2013, 18:48
So can you draw any conclusions from past performances ?  I mentioned someone's comments and you said that you were unsure about what " relevances to todays (sic) game has to previous performances."
Actually I didn't say that although I realise you have to write it like that in an attempt to misconstrue it as you are so determined to pick an argument.

What I said was "Not sure what relevance todays game has to observations on previous performances." Which holds true, a 9-4 win against Wakefield does not necessarily mean that it was wrong to question the lack of goal threat prior to that.

Can you or can you not make comments and judgments on past performances?  If you want to predict, surely you can be judged and told that what you said was a touch 'hasty' and wrong and  essentially off the mark.
Alasher wasn't predicting. All his comments that you highlighted were present tense, dealing with past performances. Nothing to do with predictions for the future.

At the end of the day I'm not sure why you are quite so upset, unless you are one of the attacking players or one of their relatives or something.

11/11/2013, 19:10
alasher wrote:
alasher wrote:We arent creating a large number of clear-cut chances, & we are converting too small a percentage of those that we do create. On Saturday our attacking players looked like they were on totally different wave lengths, there was very little combination play between them. While it is true that if you dont concede you dont lose, it is not possible to account for a good goal like the one New Mills scored on Saturday. It is certainly true that if you dont score you dont win. We arent scoring enough.

Not the most astute comments in the light of today's result.
Easy to be smart after the event, isnt it? If we score nine against Brig on Tuesday I will happily concede the point to you
Not trying to be smart.  I was merely highlighting the limited outlook of a turnstile operator:lol: .  
My lack of football knowledge is legendary Very Happy 
However, if you think that scoring even as many as nine in a single game is more indicative of what may happen in future games than the fact the we scored only ten goals in the previous nine games, then I think that you might be wrong. As I said, if we score another nine tomorrow night, then you will be proved right. I honestly hope that you are
South of the river

30/11/2013, 22:37
janb wrote:
So can you draw any conclusions from past performances ?  I mentioned someone's comments and you said that you were unsure about what " relevances to todays (sic) game has to previous performances."
Actually I didn't say that although I realise you have to write it like that in an attempt to misconstrue it as you are so determined to pick an argument.

What I said was "Not sure what relevance todays game has to observations on previous performances." Which holds true, a 9-4 win against Wakefield does not necessarily mean that it was wrong to question the lack of goal threat prior to that.

Can you or can you not make comments and judgments on past performances?  If you want to predict, surely you can be judged and told that what you said was a touch 'hasty' and wrong and  essentially off the mark.
Alasher wasn't predicting. All his comments that you highlighted were present tense, dealing with past performances. Nothing to do with predictions for the future.

At the end of the day I'm not sure why you are quite so upset, unless you are one of the attacking players or one of their relatives or something.

It's a bit of chat on a forum !  One is not upset one iota Janet.  You need to try to enter into the spirit of the posts rather than assuming the role of the "Dolly Blue intellectual" which is a position you would undoubtedly struggle to hold down:D .
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

30/11/2013, 22:50
It's a bit of chat on a forum !  One is not upset one iota Janet.  You need to try to enter into the spirit of the posts rather than assuming the role of the "Dolly Blue intellectual" which is a position you would undoubtedly struggle to hold down:D .
It's good to know you're not upset, you seemed to regard questioning the goalscoring exploits of the side as a personal insult.

I suppose if I was to enter into the spirit of the posts I'd say something like 6 goals in 5 games since Wakefield...But I'm still trying to nail this "Dolly Blue intellectual" role and I realise such mischief making would be beneath me.

30/11/2013, 23:38
janb wrote:
It's good to know you're not upset, you seemed to regard questioning the goalscoring exploits of the side as a personal insult.

I suppose if I was to enter into the spirit of the posts I'd say something like 6 goals in 5 games since Wakefield...But I'm still trying to nail this "Dolly Blue intellectual" role and I realise such mischief making would be beneath me.
Nice one Jan !
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

2/12/2013, 11:58
Going back to my original post, looking back on the last however many games since Wakefield, the answer is no.

Not creating enough chances seems to be the problem at the minute. In the games against Northwich, Ossett, Nelson, Brig and Farsley you could write off about 85 minutes in each one for lack of any sort of chance creation. Even half chances.

2/12/2013, 13:29
Emitting reasonable stools now. Don't worry, everyone.Smile 

2/12/2013, 14:17
TheRealDelly wrote:Emitting reasonable stools now. Don't worry, everyone.Smile 
Aren't there some trains that need letting through?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum