Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

default Goalie

16/10/2021, 11:22
MF says in this week's bulletin that there may be the possibility of extending the new guy's stay & that that would lead to Matty Alexander returning to Bolton
Thoughts anyone?
Old Fan

default Re: Goalie

17/10/2021, 10:01
At the meet the manager evening pre season Mark Fell expressed his concerns about Sam Ashton peaking before Christmas each year and then losing form. He also said he (understandably) is not a fan of loan goalkeepers.

Subsequently as we know Sam was released and Matty Alexander took the goalkeeping spot. A goalkeeper from Scotland also made a brief appearance.

I have only seen the new keeper once but both of them seem very proficient. Matty  made a couple of mistakes in his last two games which I guess was part of the reason for resting him.

What I cannot judge from the side-line is how they interact /manage the defence during play and at set pieces.

So if we keep with loan goalkeepers it is too early to decide between them.

At the meet the manager evening  Mark Fell did say he had approached Jack Sims who had been released by Blackpool. I see he has recently signed for  Welling United who are a step above us but a long way to go for training!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Fan

19/10/2021, 09:56
While we are talking about goalkeepers I find it odd that the announcement about Max Povey leaving after several years is just a bye line in the interview with Graham Lancashire. Where are the club's "we wish him well" messages and "good luck for the future" messages?

Well I for one have enjoyed his cheerful attitude when around the ground and as far as I can recall he didn't make any howlers in the few games he played. Best wishes Max.

Again likes this post

DollyTillIDie

20/10/2021, 16:53
Old Fan wrote:While we are talking about goalkeepers I find it odd that the announcement about Max Povey leaving after several years is just a bye line in the interview with Graham Lancashire. Where are the club's  "we wish him well" messages and "good luck for the future" messages?

Well I for one have enjoyed his cheerful attitude when around the ground and as far as I can recall he didn't make any howlers in the few games he played. Best wishes Max.

Top lad. Don’t blame him for leaving

Again likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum