Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
South of the river

default Atherton

30/8/2021, 15:48
It's 0-0 and nearly half-time. However, after reading the tweets, I'm predicting a City win by two goals to nil: COYDB.
alasher
alasher

default Re: Atherton

31/8/2021, 21:15
If only you'd been right!
We were the better side in the first half & had we converted a couple of the chances we created I think we would have won easily. As it was after we took a one goal lead they equalised with a worldie just before half time. Ed made a great challenge on the edge of our area but we were far too slow to challenge the loose ball, one of their lads took a swing from 20+ yards & it dipped beautifully just under the bar.
In the second half we were awful, playing long hoof after long hoof which they won without fail, first the #5 & then the#16 who replaced him. We gave away a cheap penalty for their second & by the time they managed a second good finish for the third the game was long gone.
The only plus point is that Ben didn't suffer too serious an injury & is now out of hospital
Tobycarvery

1/9/2021, 09:07
Totally agree. Second half was a disaster. We were outmuscled and reduced to their level of long ball tactics. It resembled Sunday league football at times. We missed Teague at the back and now Ben Hudson is out for three weeks. We also can't play Sam Fishburn in the cup, so we'll be a bit stretched on Saturday.
DollyTillIDie

5/9/2021, 18:30
I remember NYD 2020 at Atherton being very direct, again throwing away a 1 goal lead. Not sure if this one was the same but I remember thinking that, although the conditions were very poor, we coulda played more football
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum