Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Halesowen Town Empty Halesowen Town

26/1/2018, 20:54
It's not been a great few months, and the atmosphere at the Axe isn't the best. We need to take it upon ourselves to improve that, give the players vocal encouragement, and lift some of the doom and gloom.

After all, a win could propel us back into the top half of the table Very Happy We're due a big win, let's make sure it's tomorrow! #COYDB
leftleg

Halesowen Town Empty Re: Halesowen Town

27/1/2018, 10:35
I thought we played with great spirit after the sending off last game, pressed forward despite being a man short and in the end could, and maybe should, have got something out of the game. If we go out with the same attitude today from the off then hopefully we can restart our season and look for a top 10 finish. It would be good to have Williams back as he adds class at the back and gives an attacking threat at set pieces.
alasher
alasher

27/1/2018, 12:18
Get behind the lads! #COYDB
Jonny's right,it's been a rough month or so & we need to get back on track. Today would be a good time to start. Let's make some noisr
alasher
alasher

27/1/2018, 21:43
Improved performance this afternoon,admittedly against not the best team in the league.Then again, Nantwich weren't really up to much either.The whole atmosphere, both round the team & the ground was more upbeat.There was more attacking intent about our play. We probably should've won more emphatically, but I was quite happy with the result. Two good goals (one day Billy Akrigg will score a tap-in!) three points & a much improved performance, what's not to like?
A couple of thoughts.....we need more from Paul Jarvis......Ryan Winder should start.....Craig Carney looked much better when he came on as a sub than he has for weeks
leftleg

27/1/2018, 22:25
Yes, yes and yes! Jarvis looks good at times but is not really producing, Ryan would be first name on my team sheet and Carney looked more like his old self when he came on. Hopefully onwards and upwards now with another winnable fixture next week. It was good to chat to one or two of the Sutton Utd lads as I went to school in Sutton and supported them through my secondary years. Can still reel off the names of the players over 50 years later even if I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning!
Brocker

28/1/2018, 10:56
Who was captain yesterday if Craig Carney didn't start? I am guessing at Ricky, but I recall that Tony Hesketh would strip of the captaincy any player who was sent off.
sparrows left peg

28/1/2018, 11:09
Simon Wills
Brocker

28/1/2018, 11:35
Thanks SLP. An interesting choice.
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

28/1/2018, 11:37
However when Craig came on he took the armband.
CarefulWithThatAxe

31/1/2018, 07:45
Simon Wills appears a good choice. His energy and drive was infectious and the whole team responded. Craig and Ricky don’t have that effect.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum